These crispy pan fried dollar potatoes are an all time favorite and are simple to make.
4 small sized potatoes
1 tablespoon butter
salt and pepper to taste
A sprinkle of paprika
- Peel and slice your potatoes into rounds
- Dry the potato on a paper towel to remove any moisture.
- Heat a large skillet with the butter and place the potato rounds on the skillet.
- The trick to getting them crispy is to try to keep them spread out and not layered up.
- As they are browing, turn them over and move the browner ones to the outside of the skillet allowing the ones that still need browning to be where the heat in highest.
- If necessary, add a little bit more butter.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the potatoes while they are cooking.
- Add a sprinkle of paprika at the end for nice color.